Dual display fails after running an moving xorg.conf.new

Super Biscuit super_bisquit at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 00:02:35 PDT 2010

Hey, how's everyone doing?
Anyway, I decided to run both cards on the G4.
OS: Debian.
I killed gdm with /etc/init.d/gdm stop and then ran Xorg -configure.
Xorg -configure /root/xorg.conf.new passed the test. This was followed by a reboot.
The mouse and keyboard were both unresponsive after but there was a split display. Monitor 2 did not have a cursor.
The system was reset to normal with the standard debian dpkg line in xorg.conf.

I'm attaching both configuration files.

How do i set up my system to be able to choose between which monitor or both?
I'm aware that this would leave me with three xorg.conf files but that's ok.