ANN: luit 20101128
dickey at radix.net
Sun Nov 28 17:01:38 PST 2010
* use plink.sh script from xterm to reduce unneeded library
dependencies, e.g., from fontenc's buggy package script.
* eliminate quoted- and duplicate-includes.
* make -g0 and similar options actually work, by adding checks in
* add messages for the repeated -v option, to show which parts of the
font-encoding configuration fail, for troubleshooting.
* add configure option --disable-leaks, etc.
* add configure option --enable-trace.
* add configure option --enable-iconv, to use GNU iconv, which is far
more portable than fontenc.
+ Initially, this supports single-byte encodings such as
+ DEC special and technical character sets are supported via
* use static variables and functions consistently, where external
linkage is not required.
* updated configure script macros, e.g., to deprecate shell syntax no
longer supported by bash.
* modify manpage to use "misc" category for the miscellaneous Linux
manpages cited in the "SEE ALSO" section, prompted by xorg change
for 1.1.0 version.
Aside from that (and some cosmetic changes to C source, as well as
providing a different configure script), and omitting this
change-log, the xorg 1.1.0 is the same as the 2010/6/1 version. Its
release notes state:
This release includes these changes from Thomas Dickey's
+ add -alias option to allow override of locale.alias pathname.
+ improve fix waitForInput as suggested in Freedesktop #26383.
+ fix warnings from clang --analyze
Thomas E. Dickey
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 228 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the xorg