twinview using non-matched video cards.

Robert Thompson xorg at robsfreespace.com
Thu Nov 18 18:55:32 PST 2010

Hi Guys,

I am trying to help somebody on UF get their Geforce 9400gt 1G (PCI)
video card to display Gnome as the primary display on an ECS K7S7AG mobo
which has a Xabre 200 AGP8X 256-bit GPU video adapter built into it - we
can't find a way to disable the onboard video card and it has given the
OP quite some grief.

I think I've seen emails on this list that indicated people were running
non-matched video cards successfully displaying xinerama, twinview and
multi head.

I am hoping for some examples of /etc/X11/xorg.conf files that deal with
non-matching video cards, if you've got one or more please send it to
me, feel free to save the list the bother and send it to my subscribed
address, xorg at robsfreespace.com

Any tips, advice or anything any of you guys think relevant will be very
gratefully received!

--
Regards,
Rob.