mixed OpenGL vendor drivers

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Wed Nov 17 03:17:05 PST 2010

> So I read this as, redistribution is fine with at least Nvidia and AMD.

And for legal purposes allow me to remind you that the Linux kernel is
subject to the GNU public license v2. This has specific constraints on
derivative works and large numbers of contributors (me included) have
never given anyone permission to ignore that. Whether the Nvidia binary
driver is a derivative work is a matter for lawyers, but you should be
aware of the licensing requirements for the kernel.

(and I am advised to inform anyone of this when it comes up so that if it
ever does end up in court it can be demonstrated that the infringement
was likely to have been knowing)

Alan