Emulating a one-handed keyboard?

Dirk Wallenstein halsmit at t-online.de
Fri May 28 00:23:56 PDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 04:41:00PM +0200, Florian Echtler wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I came across this demo for a "mirrored" keyboard layout today:
> http://www.half-qwerty.com/demo/
>
> Would it be possible to create something like this as an X keymap? I
> suppose the difficult part would be to use a different keymap when space
> is held down...

The only thing currently not possible is to use space to both switch the
layout and to produce a space character. That is related to canceling
actions and something that certainly would appear in XKB2.

If you are willing to type a space with another key, than that is
possible now already. For a test, just switch AltGr and the spacebar.

--
Greetings,
Dirk