LCD picture quality 2.6.27 vs 2.6.33

SD sd.domrep at yahoo.com
Thu May 20 15:49:36 PDT 2010

> Dear All.
>
> During many month I was trying to figure out what is wrong with picture on my Fedora 13.
> I have laptop with i915GM video and two OS on it - OpenSuse 11.1 and Fedora 13.
> Suse shows picture perfect, but Fedora does not.
> I use XFCE on both OS. Both OS is updated.
> I took digital picture of my screen, and would like you all to analyze it.
> Left side Fedora, right side is OpenSuse.
> Both OS has: "Subpixel:   horizontal rgb", according to "xrandr --verbose"

I am happy to say that I found source of my problems.
DRI2 module.

As long as I start Xorg with "Disable DRI2" in module section I have normal picture and I have normal smooth rotatin of the gears in "glxgears" test.
Output of the "glxgears" without dri2 module:
565 frames in 5.0 seconds = 112.932 FPS
559 frames in 5.0 seconds = 111.726 FPS
558 frames in 5.0 seconds = 111.590 FPS
554 frames in 5.0 seconds = 110.797 FPS
569 frames in 5.0 seconds = 113.742 FPS
XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
      after 6301 requests (36 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

Output of TOP:
1676 vas       20   0 15784 4868 1760 R 52.6  0.3   0:03.75 glxgears
1032 root      20   0 53664  12m 7124 S 39.9  0.8   0:50.63 X

Of course there is no H/W acceleration, but no more eyes problems also.

I am happy, I can use fedora.