GSoC project idea: input support for XCB

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Fri Mar 26 06:57:23 PDT 2010

On 2010-03-25 19:12, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:43:46AM -0400, Peter Harris wrote:
>>
>> Mariusz got about as far as specifying most of XKB in xcb/proto.
>> Unfortunately, XKB is unlike most of the rest of the extensions, and
>> required additional syntax to be able to specify it. libxcb doesn't know
>> how to generate code from the new XSD yet, because he ran out of time.

> Thanks for the summary. I think XInput suffers from a similar issue with
> some requests requiring new syntax/libxcb parts to be parsed correctly. Is
> this still correct?

I haven't looked in detail, but I believe XInput can be specified using
the syntax introduced for XKB. So still waiting for libxcb support, but
it shouldn't require anything beyond what XKB already requires AFAIK.

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.opentext.com/