Please help with Xorg

Florian Mickler florian at mickler.org
Thu Mar 18 04:59:32 PDT 2010

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 19:58:52 +0100
Simo <azzalin.simone at gmail.com> wrote:

> >Ah good point - reviewing the first email, he does indeed say that
> >this is a laptop.
> Exactly.. : )
>
> So hi all, I am back again with a bit of late but I promised to attach the
> files so here I am..
> I attached /etc/X11/xorg.conf, /var/log/xorg.0.log and dmesg output..
> In my xorg.conf -copied and edited a little bit from xorg.conf-vesa in a
> slackware 13- I changed from using vesa driver to intel, as this let me
> change resolution, but not to resolve, so it's something... I also tried to
> change the DefaultPath from 24 to 16 because on a forum one person resolved
> in this way, but I am not so lucky.. Could be a problem of HorizSync and
> VertRefresh values?
> /var/log/xorg.0.log as I saw  seems to report good debugging about it, I
> never taked care of him and I feel so noob on this situation, and finally my
> dsmeg file. As I said I am not a xorg guru :( .Just want to know how  this
> problem can be fixed, becuase at the time nobody on the web gave me some
> reasonable solutions. And return to a slack 12.2 seem to be not extremly
> necessary..
> Again, thank you for your helps, aviability and gentle attention.
> Simon

hi,
I don't see anything obvious wrong in your logs.

The only thing I can think of that could help is to
get rid of that xorg.conf. The defaults should be usable.
X can produce a minimal xorg.conf for you if you start it with

# Xorg -configure

If that dosn't fix your problems, try using the current upstream
releases of the graphics stack[1] and if the issue persists,  file a bug
at bugs.freedesktop.org.

If you don't wanna go upstream, you should file a bug with your distro.

cheers,
Flo

[1] http://intellinuxgraphics.org/2009Q4.html