Matrox G450 and Samsung 2333HD

Daniil Kolpakov dan at progmeistars.lv
Sat Mar 13 14:45:56 PST 2010

13 марта 2010, Michael George:

> I'm having trouble getting my 2333HD monitor to work at 1920x1080 on my
> Matrox G450 (with just one monitor).
>
> I have played with the xorg.conf file, but the best I can do is get it
> to 1600x1200 (I don't know how it can do 1200 rows when 1080 is the
> max).  The Xorg.log output tells me:
>
> (II) MGA(0): Not using mode "1920x1080" (no mode of this name)

I've tried plugging MGA G450 and G550 into 1680x1050 Samsung 215TW when I've
fried my Radeon and found this oldie on the shelf; looks like shit, believe
me. And I think I had to use linux framebuffer to make it run in this
resolution (this might as well help you). These cards ruled the world 10 years
ago, now they are useless.

Support open standards! Take a look at this nice presentation:
http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/open-standards-security.pdf