Google Summer of Code 2010

Fri Mar 12 13:22:06 PST 2010

Артем Вольхин wrote:
> Hello!
> I want to participate in GSoC workin on xorg project. What can I do
> right now to increase my chance to get it?

Start reading the web pages at Google's site and at
   http://www.x.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas
and think what you want to work on and start writing a proposal for it.

Getting to know and be known by the existing developers on the mailing
lists and IRC may help as well, when it comes time for them to pick which
of the projects/students to recommend Google fund, since we always end up
with more proposals than Google has funding to cover.   (The X.Org
Foundation may sponsor additional worthy projects itself, under it's own
program: http://www.x.org/wiki/XorgEVoC - but the guidelines there are
very similar.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com