Using Xlib to measure productivity (aka time&keypresses spent on a window)

Yose Widjaja yose at jormy.com
Fri Mar 5 23:22:29 PST 2010

Hi All,

Is this possible using Xlib? I'm trying to implement something like
RescueTime, an app to measure productivity, but for linux. The main purpose
of this is to measure how much time (and keypresses and clicks) I spend in
xterm and nedit compared to firefox..

So is it possible to 1) get the actual binary name behind a window, 2)
intercept keypresses/mouse movements and re-relay them? Any info will be
much appreciated.

Also, I was wondering, but does Xlib has an official website? Can't seem to
find it using google..

Yose