to neomagic users and devels

Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski curious at bwv190.internetdsl.tpnet.pl
Thu Mar 4 23:48:07 PST 2010

i've had a peek into source, and it seems that there is
problem with ImageWrite and colour expansion...

runnin x11perf is quite interesting, it seems this chipset is
not so dead slow, and many modes are quite quick...
except the ones which are not ;)

ad. older X - as there is no accel of i.e. ImageWrite ,
it is done by software, and i think such 'software' functions
got somehow broken recently.
afterall painting just 16x16 pix cursor in gimp should not
be so slow, even without acceleration at all on pentium...
such things could be performed on zx-spectrum lightning fast...