cosmetic udev glitches

Thomas Jaeger thjaeger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 16:59:19 PST 2010

On 03/03/2010 07:48 PM, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Thomas Jaeger <thjaeger at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The attribute 'name' might not exist (as in the case of serial wacom
>> devices) and it's impossible to set it in an udev rule, I believe, so we
>> should at least fall back to the NAME property if the attribute is not
>> available.
>
> Not for the parent, either? Does hal give you anything for
> info.product/input.product?

Sorry, I don't know, I don't have a working hal installation anymore.
Here's what udev knows about the device, though:

udevadm info --path=/sys/class/tty/ttyS0/ --attribute-walk

  looking at device '/devices/pnp0/00:0a/tty/ttyS0':
    KERNEL=="ttyS0"
    SUBSYSTEM=="tty"
    DRIVER==""

  looking at parent device '/devices/pnp0/00:0a':
    KERNELS=="00:0a"
    SUBSYSTEMS=="pnp"
    DRIVERS=="serial"
    ATTRS{id}=="WACf004"

  looking at parent device '/devices/pnp0':
    KERNELS=="pnp0"
    SUBSYSTEMS==""
    DRIVERS==""

Tom