mouse gets stuck on second screen

David Bridgham dab at froghouse.org
Mon Jun 7 11:54:10 PDT 2010

On 06/06/2010 11:46 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> I also run Debian (Sid) with 2 video cards but each with their own monitor and mouse and keyboard and have xserver-xorg-core 2:1.7.7-2.
>
> I have no idea whether this matters, but I use the evdev driver for the mice:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  	"Mouse0"
>         Driver      	"evdev"
>         Option      	"Device" "/dev/input/event5" # (cat /proc/bus/input/devices)
>         Option      	"Name" "A4Tech USB Optical Mouse"
> 	Option      	"ZAxisMapping"  	"6 7 4 5"
>  	Option      	"Buttons"       	"12"
> EndSection

The evdev driver appears to work for me but it makes no difference to
the dual Screen problem.  It's not that the mouse cursor doesn't move,
it's just that once it crosses the boundary to Screen1, it can never
cross back to Screen0.  It just hits the edge of the Screen and stops
there, as if there were no Screen above it to move back to.  The same
thing happens if I reconfigure the screens to be LeftOf or RightOf.  The
mouse starts on Screen0 and once I move it over to Screen1, it can't
ever get back.  If I try to configure Screen0 Below Screen1, I can't
even get the cursor off Screen0 but I'm guessing that has something to
do with Screen1 then having negative coordinates.

 -Dave