ANN luit 20100601

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Jun 2 13:43:47 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 04:20:01 -0400 (EDT), Thomas Dickey <dickey at his.com> wrote:

> Xorg isn't a _technical_ organization.
> It is a political organzation, which lacks focus.

Thomas -- you're welcome to work on stuff wherever you like; I'm
certainly happy that you're continuing to maintain xterm and luit and
encourage you to continue doing so.

I don't see this as an X.org issue though, which, as you point out, is
largely a political organization.

Many of the current X developers use freedesktop.org to collaborate on
development, sharing git repositories, the bugzilla database and mailing
lists there. Freedesktop.org also hosts numerous other projects related
in some way to the overall desktop environment. Each project on fd.o is
owned by the developers working on that project.

If you would like to use that infrastructure in some way to help develop
xterm and/or luit, you'd be welcome to do so. If not, I think we should
remove the stale luit bits from fd.o and make sure people know where the
'real' bits live, as we've already done with xterm.

keith.packard at intel.com