Mouse issue

John Ettedgui john.ettedgui at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 14:36:28 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 1:46 PM, John Ettedgui <john.ettedgui at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Peter Hutterer
> <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 05:10:47PM -0700, John Ettedgui wrote:

>>> So I still don't know what I did, but I got that problem  yesterday as
>>> soon as Xorg was started, with only KDE and Konsole started.
>>> To fix it I really had to reinstall evdev a simple restart of Xorg would not do.
>>
>> I really really wonder what could cause you to have to reinstall evdev.
>> Evdev doesn't write any files, so there's no reason it should be different
>> the second time round.
>>
>>> Do you think that could be more of a distribution issue? I run Arch
>>> Linux, but I don't have that issue on another Arch Linux box...
>>
>> It could be a device issue actually. Have you tried using the same device on
>> the other box?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>  Peter
>>

> Replying quite a bit late, I have done various investigations in the past:
>
> - You were right and it had nothing to do with reinstalling evdev,
> just restarting Xorg would do it, it's weird that it did not work in
> my last reply,
> - I have the same issue with a different wired mouse,
> - I use KDE 4 and removed all its config file in case it was related but no go,
> - I tried copy pasting the mouse part of Xorg.conf from my other
> computer which has no issue to that one, again no go.
> - I have been using an other OS (Windows) on the same computer many
> hours and did not ever get this issue.
>
> I am out of ideas of things to try...
> Maybe I should compare all the software installed on both computers
> and see the difference (software versions should be the same).
>

> Thanks,
> John

So I have just done another quick test to run fluxbox instead of kde
with no kde/qt software running. After some time the same problem
arised, so it is unrelated to kde.

Also, rarely but this issue has happened on the keyboard as well... I
try to type something and I don't see anything in the current window
but my text is in another window...

This is really getting annoying and I have no clue at all what to do...

If you had any idea that would be great...

Thanks,
John