EXA classic problem with Xv

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Fri Jul 23 05:54:25 PDT 2010

On Fre, 2010-07-23 at 14:30 +0200, Yves De Muyter wrote:
> Sorry I misread your suggestion.

No worries, my bad for using double negation.

> I now pass NULL as second argument to fbScreenInit(). Driver seems to
> work fine on non-Xv stuff so that seems fine.
>
> I'm not so sure the current issue is still with the pixmap being pinned
> nor that it is the screen pixmap. The fb_ptr on the pixmap is still
> NULL, the sys_ptr isn't, so I guess the pixmap is offscreen and I need
> to move/force it onscreen somehow ? exaMoveInPixmap() doesn't work since
> that one skips its functionality if EXA_OFFSCREEN_PIXMAPS is set [...]

I'm afraid you read the logic there the wrong way again.

> Also to note, sys_ptr=0xb6c1c000 and memoryBase=0xb4a74000.

memoryBase is irrelevant for the mixed scheme as all GPU accessible
pixmap memory is allocated by the driver via the CreatePixmap(2) hook.

> Any Idea how I can access the framebuffer address of the pixmap from
> within the driver?

The driver should have allocated the pixmap memory, so it should know
how to access it - e.g. the same way it's done in the driver
PrepareAccess hook should work.