problems with multiple threads and XSync

Francesco Abbate francesco.bbt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 08:28:36 PDT 2010

2010/7/20 Corbin Simpson <mostawesomedude at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 7:55 AM, Francesco Abbate
> <francesco.bbt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> http://www.manpagez.com/man/3/XInitThreads/
>
> Read the man page. Also, don't email off-list; it limits the amount of
> people who can help you.

Corbin,

of course I did read the man files about XInitThreads and
XLockDisplay/XUnlockDisplay before posting to this list and I've found
that it was rather cryptic. In particular I didn't understood if I
need to use XLockDisplay/XUnlockDisplay when I call XSync for my
application. If I'm writing to this mailing list is because here I can
found competent people that can give useful explications so that I
know what I'm doing instead of trying everything till I found
something that seems to work.

I've also made an extensive search on internet and I didn't find
anything useful except the man pages.

So, if I understood correctly your answer the XInitThreads call at the
beginning is enough to solve my problem, is this true ? Could someone
explain me better why I dont need to use XLockDisplay/XUnlockDisplay ?

Francesco