Virtual desktop - smaller than display

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 12:21:54 PDT 2010

[ Working on an XO-1.5, F11, X.org 1.6.4, in Xinerama mode across a
Via/Chrome device and SiS USB2VGA.]

The internal screen and desktop are 1200x900 and we cannot change that
(as we have hw that is locked to that rez).

Is there a way to feed a Virtual config that is _smaller_ than the
display size, and have X put the (smaller) desktop in the center of
the screen, with black/white/grey bands around?

Currently, X.org looks at Virtual and picks a _smaller_ mode.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions
 - don't get distracted with shiny stuff  - working code first

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions