'Zaphod' dual-head and mirroring

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 14:32:49 PDT 2010

Hi list,

I am working with a sisusbvga device, attempting to set it up as a
mirror of the main display. This is on an XO-1.5, where the main
display hw, using viafb, only has one video port connected to the
LVDS.

Is there any way in current X.org to mirror across the two devices?
(In practice we also need scaling for the external display -- but
let's consider it optional.)

Is there a way to get a ServerLayout/Screen stanza in xorg.conf that
handles mirroring in zaphod mode?

As a workaround, I am running two X processes, with different
ServerLayouts, each handling one display adapter; and using vnc
across. Looks great for a "remote host", but horrible if you're
expecting a fast local mirror.

Configuration files and scripts at http://dev.laptop.org/~martin/usbvga/

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions
 - don't get distracted with shiny stuff  - working code first