Slow 2D with radeon KMS

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 10:08:30 PST 2010

> I just tried KMS with "radeon" driver, and 2D seems notably slow.
> Widgets takes time to draw, scrolling in Dolphin or Firefox lags, as if
> some 2D acceleration was not working alright.

I experience the same, running Ubuntu-10.4-alpha2 on my HD3850.
Logs look quite normal as far as I can tell.
I experience very low performance, and many visual artifacts even when
running without composition manager.

Should I open a bug-report about the corruptions and attache
log&screenshots or are those problems known and to be expected due to
the experimental nature of radeon-kms?

- Clemens