Any plans for 2d vsync?

André Silva andre.beat at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 10:42:33 PST 2010

The subject pretty much sums up what I want to know.
As far as I know right now there's no support for 2d vsync and as
result I always get an annoying amount of tearing when using my
desktop, e.g. moving windows around. I know most people don't
notice/care about this but I guess I have a picky vision.

I want to know if there are any plans on syncing 2d rendering (through
XRender), mainly for nvidia graphics cards.

I'm sorry if my question might be dumb or if I'm wrong in any way, but
unfortunately I'm not knowledgeable enough about X.

Regards,
André Silva