Xorg crashes...

Tom Cowell t.a.cowell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 13:48:12 PST 2010

Well, according to my primitive understanding, xmodmap is normally
used for a little bit of tweaking of the keyboard layout (fiddling
with delete and backspace, for instance, or swapping CapsLock and
Ctrl).

Your file looks odd to me ("slash question slash question slash
question"). Since you didn't write it, it was presumably generated by
some piece of software, and maybe a confused and over-enthusiastic
piece of software. I don't have 248 keys on my keyboard.

If you are really lucky, then this was the entire source of your
problem. It might be informative to run the xmodmap command with this
file as an argument, and see if it instantly causes problems.

Cheers
Tom