Xorg-1.7.3 XCALIBRATE touchscreen

Tias tias at ulyssis.org
Sat Jan 16 02:58:10 PST 2010

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Marco Cavallini
> <koansoftware at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dan Nicholson ha scritto, Il 15/01/2010 19:17:
>>> The config.log says that you don't have the XCALIBRATE extension built
>>> into the server.
>>>
>>> XCALIBRATE_TRUE='#'
>>>
>>> That means the automake conditional to build the xcalibrate sources
>>> will be false. So, you'll have to run configure again and see what it
>>> says about finding the xcalibrate dependencies.
>>
>> Looks like configure.ac wants KDRIVE in order to enable xcalibrate,
>> isn't it?
>>
>> if test "x$XCALIBRATE" = xyes && test "$KDRIVE" = yes; then
>>   AC_DEFINE(XCALIBRATE, 1, [Build XCalibrate extension])
>>   REQUIRED_MODULES="$REQUIRED_MODULES $XCALIBRATEPROTO"
>> else
>>   XCALIBRATE=no
>> fi
>> AM_CONDITIONAL(XCALIBRATE, [test "x$XCALIBRATE" = xyes])
>>
>> What do you suggest to do?
>
> Yeah, the xcalibrate extension is only implemented for kdrive. I think
> your options are to use kdrive or find another way to calibrate your
> touchscreen. I know there are other solutions out there, but I'm not
> really familiar with the touchscreen world.

If I may suggest:
- when using the evdev X.Org driver or any other (like evtouch, mutouch,
...) use xinput_calibrator
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xinput_calibrator

- in the embedded world, appearently many people use the tslib driver
and its tools (you seem to need to use framebuffer video for it)
http://tslib.berlios.de/

g,T