Xorg-1.7.3 XCALIBRATE touchscreen

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 10:17:57 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Marco Cavallini
<koansoftware at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson ha scritto, Il 15/01/2010 18:38:
>> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Marco Cavallini <koansoftware at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I am using an ARM based architecture and I am trying to enable
>>> touchscreen calibration without success.
>>> I built Xorg version Xorg-1.7.3 configured with --enable-xcalibrate
>>> but I didn't get this extension in my Xorg, so when I try to call xtscal
>>> I get this error:
>>>  # xtscal
>>>  XCALIBRATE extension missing: Success
>>>
>>> I debugged a bit the following packages (xtscal_0.6.3,
>>> libxcalibrate_git, libxext_1.1.1) and I realized that the problem is
>>> into Xorg so I wonder how could I enable XCALIBRATE.
>>>
>>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>> If any functionality is missing I'd like to get a hint about how to
>>> proceed to implement, debug and test it.
>>
>> Can you post Xorg.log? Did configure give you any messages about
>> xcalibrate when you used --enable-xcalibrate?
>>
>> --
>
> Dan,
> thank you for answering.
> Now I'm at home and I haven't access to the target machine, but I can
> pastebin you the config.log : http://pastebin.com/m4ecd3f48

The config.log says that you don't have the XCALIBRATE extension built
into the server.

XCALIBRATE_TRUE='#'

That means the automake conditional to build the xcalibrate sources
will be false. So, you'll have to run configure again and see what it
says about finding the xcalibrate dependencies.

--
Dan