visual resizing and positioning of displays

allcoms allcoms at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 12 11:59:46 PST 2010

> xvidtune doesn't work with xrandr 1.2.  It needs to be updated to
> support multiple outputs.
>
> Alex

Seems we've finally got the the bottom of my original question- thanks
Steve and Alex!

Does anyone plan on updating xvidtune to work with the latest X/xrandr
and multiple displays? I would presume that if this was underway I
would've had a response before now.

I'm surprised there isn't much more interest in seeing this done on
this list what with HDMI becoming more commonplace by the day- its
fast replacing both SCART and VGA and the display connection standard
for both TVs and computers/consoles and there could soon be millions
of (potential) X users unable to use their displays properly due to
lack of a working xvidtune or similar tool.

Dan