I don't want my IR handset to act like a keyboard

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Mon Jan 11 16:41:29 PST 2010

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 16:07:32 -0800
Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Tony Houghton <h at realh.co.uk> wrote:

[Trying to stop xorg from seeing my IR controller as a keyboard]

> Xorg is now picking up devices straight from udev and then configuring
> them in xorg.conf{,.d} with InputClass sections. See:
>
> http://who-t.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-configuration-world-order.html
>
> One of the things I'm working on and want to get landed before 1.8 is
> the ability to ignore devices. Something like:
>
> Section "InputClass"
>     Identifier "Ignore IR"
>     MatchProduct "Some IR Handset"
>     Ignore "yes"
> EndSection
>
> Then Xorg would just skip that device. Would that help?

Yes, that would be excellent.

In the meantime I think the best solution is to use inputlirc with its
-g (grab) option, which starts before X, and support lirc in my
application, boxstar. It felt kind of incomplete without lirc anyway.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk