Xorg crashes...

Justin P. Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 15:07:36 PST 2010

On 01/07/10 14:45, Ryan Daly wrote:

>>> as for xkbcomp doing a quick google
>>> gave me this:
>>> http://bugs.gentoo.org/269931
>>>
>>> but still don't see that this is the
>>> culprit.
>>
>> this is a non-fatal error and doesn't affect anything but the warning to be
>> printed out.
>
> OK.  I won't pursue that, then.  Do you have any suggestions on what my
> next step would be?  Have you picked up anything from the backtrace
> that's attached to the bug report at bugs.launchpad.net?
> --

not sure what might be the next step for you at this point.
I've an old machine over here, I can throw in ubuntu
to see if I hit this as well(you said typing triggers this).

with that, you are using gdb to
debug, out of curiosity maybe valgrind
might provide something(even though it's for
memory leaks);

keep in mind it might take me a few to get things running
on the old beast of a machine.

Justin P. Mattock