visual resizing and positioning of displays

allcoms allcoms at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 7 10:43:53 PST 2010

> Isn't gnome-display-properties sufficient? Which additional features
> would you need?

No, gnome-display-properties isn't sufficient to my needs as it does
neither of the two features I am looking for which are:

1- Visual resizing (as in 'graphically' adjusting the screens outer borders) and

2- Visual positioning (centering) of the full screen

gdp is of course just a simple gui to xrandr, which doesn't do what I
require. nvidias X setup tool is also lacking such functionality and
as I say the only tool I've seen do this under linux is tied into
suse's vast yast config monster which is prob hundreds of meg with all
its dependencies when all I'd ever want from it is the visual screen
setup tool.