Xorg crashes...

Ryan Daly daly at ctc.com
Wed Jan 6 19:34:31 PST 2010

On 01/06/2010 10:26 PM, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
> the module should work.. hopefully their the same arch's
>
> as for the next step:
> try starting the server from a TTY instead of through gdm
> (as stated by peter hutterer from the other post try this and then go
> from there).
>
> keep in mind evdev might be fine, at this point it could be
> anything.(so hopefully doing the above gives some useful info
> to target the problem).

Yep.  A 'uname -m' reports i686 on both systems and a 'file' on
evdev_drv.so reports both are identical (only I didn't strip mine).

I will start the server from a tty and see what happens.  The system in
question is at work, so I won't be doing anything more on this until
tomorrow.  Thanks very much for the help you've given so far.  I'll post
an update when I have one.

This message and any files transmitted within are intended
solely for the addressee or its representative and may
contain company sensitive information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, notify the sender immediately and delete
this message.  Publication, reproduction, forwarding, or
content disclosure is prohibited without the consent of the
original sender and may be unlawful.

Concurrent Technologies Corporation and its Affiliates.
www.ctc.com  1-800-282-4392