pointer acceleration property rename and docs

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Tue Jan 5 12:13:47 PST 2010

Hi all,

another round of ptr accel patches. I didn't send to the dev list to
maybe gather more input on the rename.

First, I renamed 'constant deceleration' to 'downscaling', and adjusted
the property and option names. I hope that it is a good name; I'm still
open for suggestions. Many suggested 'sensitivity' but I think that
isn't it.

Only the option rename is backwards-compatible though, to avoid
redundant input properties. Peter, is that one OK with you?

Next, I added the possibility to change pointer feedback controls
through options. The InputClass stuff makes it more sensible to do this.
TBH, I never figured why it was limited to command line options.

Third, some whitespace style fixes. Nothing functional.

Last but not least, the documentation should now reflect reality wrt
pointer acceleration. Affects the xorg.conf.man and --help output.

It's perfectly possible the man changes are bogus, I just copied around
and I seem not to have broken things.

Cheers,

Simon