The current dualseat status for radeon?

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Mon Jan 4 06:24:58 PST 2010

On Sat, Jan 02, 2010 at 01:26:14PM +0000, Kārlis Repsons wrote:
> I wonder, what is the current status for dualseat setup with radeon cards? Are
> there any people out there by now, who have it all working just fine? I could
> add, that with nvidia I had dead screens upon resume along with all sorts of
> experiments to make it work. Well, but the idea failed just over hibernation
> problem some year ago. So is it worth buying two new radeon cards, as nvidia
> is a real pain with its blob and I have an impression that with radeon things
> would be better (certainly correct me if not)...?

Why buy two?  New Radeon cards support up to 6 monitors from a single
card (2 DVI-I, 1 HDMI, 1 DisplayPort).

(Then again new Radeon cards aren't exactly what you would call
well-supported under Linux, at least if you only consider free
drivers...)

Marius Gedminas
--
If something has not yet gone wrong then it would ultimately have been
beneficial for it to go wrong.