Display on HDMI-connected TV to large

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Fri Feb 19 11:52:14 PST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 08:37:13PM +0100, Sebastian Beßler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> recently I changed my dual-head setting from fglrx and old zephod to
> xf86-video-ati, KMS and xrandr.
> Nearly all works great, since KDE 4.4 even that, but the display on my
> TFT-TV is a bit too large on all sides so that it doesn't fit completely
> in. It is only a cm or so on all sides that overlap but it is really
> annoying.
>
> My 19" TV is connected via HDMI and runs at 1280x720

  I do not have solution, but I experience this bug also on completly
different hardware: some Nvidia GeForce 5xxx card, Panasonic 32" (1280x720)
connected via HDMI. Driver is nouveau as available in Fedora 12.
  Picture stretches over the edge, pixels are blurred. It isn't problem
of TV setting, it offers few "zoom" modes, neither looks fine.
  As my HW is different, but problem the same, it may be something
in X server itself, not drivers. I suggest opening a bug.

--
Tomasz Torcz                Only gods can safely risk perfection,
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl     it's a dangerous thing for a man.  -- Alia