xrandr dual-screen usability survery (Was: Dual-head config broke with update to 1.4.2)

Eeri Kask Eeri.Kask at inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Feb 18 02:05:15 PST 2010

Am 17 Feb 2010 12:38:16, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> schrieb:
> > And aside from that, didn't you say earlier that the Intel
> > driver actually has it removed and that it is official Xorg
> > policy that keeping classic dual-screen alive is not intended?
> >

> Yes, the intel driver has removed it.  It's not policy to remove
> zaphod mode, but none of the active Xorg developers that I know
> of use it and very few users overall use it, so it doesn't get
> tested much.
> We are all busy so it's not a high priority.

Is it correct to deduce, nvidia software engineers either

(1) are not busy, or
(2) don't discriminate less widespread X11-technology use cases?

(Looking statistically computer users on the planet run windows
anyways, so following this argument why fiddle with X11 at all,
then?)  :-)

Greetings,

    Eeri Kask