X.Org Foundation Board of Directors 2010 Election

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Wed Feb 17 16:25:49 PST 2010

Hi,

   >> Last time I looked at OSUOSL for hosting, they wouldn't let
   >> people have root on hosted machines -- do you know if that's
   >> still the case?

   > That's a good question. I know at least one admin, warthog9, has
   > full control of his machines. I think it varies depending on the
   > group and the extent of the hosting.

One of the sysadmins at OSUOSL got in touch with me and clarified that
they're okay with giving root to groups who'll take responsibility for
managing their machines, so that removes the question -- sounds like
someone should ping OSUOSL and find out whether they'd be an
attractive alternative to the MIT hosting.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>