MPX features & popups

Bradley T. Hughes bradley.hughes at nokia.com
Wed Feb 17 01:24:27 PST 2010

On 02/17/2010 12:21 AM, ext Peter Hutterer wrote:

>>> poke the opera guys :)
>>
>> Or us (since Opera uses Qt on Linux).
>
> out of interest - are there any plans for XI2 support on Qt?

I'm currently spending time looking at XI2 now, actually. I've managed to
get pointers working, including button label mapping and slave device
switching on the master device. I'm not sure how we will expose multi-device
support in our API yet though. I'll have to see about how to re-add tablet
support with the new API (it actually looks like it might be pretty easy
compared to what we do now).

Keyboard events are the next big hurdle, as I need to figure out what to do
about input methods (XIM is based on XKeyEvent, as well as some of our own
input method APIs).

And of course I would love to see multi-touch support as well, so that I
could add support for that to Qt on X11 (since we have it on Windows, Mac,
and Symbian). But we all know that that's a bigger discussion/job ;)

Bradley T. Hughes (Nokia-D-Qt/Oslo), bradley.hughes at nokia.com
Sandakervn. 116, P.O. Box 4332 Nydalen, 0402 Oslo, Norway