X.Org Foundation Board of Directors 2010 Election

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Wed Feb 10 17:14:58 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 05:01:11PM -0800, Stuart Kreitman wrote:
> On 02/10/10 03:43 PM, Luc Verhaegen wrote:

>>> As co-signer of the checks,  that sounds really high, My guess is that its
>>> knocked down to 1/2 that by now, but I haven't seen the exact balance for
>>> a few years now.  This needs to be sorted before comittments for the next
>>> conference are made.    Keith?
>>>

>> So, Stuart, you are not on the board, but you have to cosign the
>> checks... How come there seems to be no certainty about the amount still
>> available?
>>
>> Luc Verhaegen.
>>

> I have co-signed every check since 2005.  Keith has given me a verbal on
> the balance from time to
> time, but I haven't seen a written or historical accounting in a while.
> I trust Keith doesn't want to
> do something dumb like bounce a check, and you can ask him about how
> skeptical and severe
> I am when it comes to COUNTER-signing.  After all, most of this money
> originated from my employer.
>
> By the way, do you have receipts for reimbursement of FOSDEM costs?
>

> Stuart

My question was more about how it could be possible that there seems to
be a rather large discrepancy between what you think should be in the
accounts, and what Daniel, a board member not handling funds, thinks
should be in the accounts. This seems a weird situation.

Like last year, there are no FOSDEM costs. After some questions were
raised about the social event, I decided to also forgo asking X.org
sponsorship for that.

Luc Verhaegen.