Xorg does not start without an attached monitor

Yann Pomarede yann.pomarede_xorg at gadz.org
Sun Feb 7 06:56:33 PST 2010

Hello,

It has been 2 days that I am trying to make it run, but I don't manage
to... Maybe someone could help me here:

When a monitor is attached to the unique VGA port of my integrated
Intel graphic chip, it works.
But when I unplug the monotor, Xorg does not want to starts and says
the following:

    (II) intel(0): EDID for output VGA
    (II) intel(0): Output VGA disconnected
    (EE) intel(0): No valid modes.
    (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
    Fatal server error:
    no screens found

I'm running Debian lenny kernel 2.6.30.5-rtai on an Intel Atom
platform D945GCLF.
And here are the different config and log files:

/etc/X11/xorg.conf
http://pastebin.com/m51cc2cc3

/var/log/Xorg.0.log with monitor attached
http://pastebin.com/m5576e34b
Xorg starts and my custom resolution 1024x600 is used.

/var/log/Xorg.0.log without monitor attached
http://pastebin.com/mf58d96d

lspci -vvnn
http://pastebin.com/mfdb43bd

Did I forgot something in my Xorg configuration or is there another problem?

Regards,
Yann Pomarede.