Remapping Synaptics Touchpad

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Feb 4 14:55:58 PST 2010

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 11:27:38PM +0100, Harald Braumann wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 09:28:51 +1000
> Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:
>
> > You can set the touchpad up to be scrolling only by letting the evdev
> > driver handle it and then set the scroll wheel emulation button to 0.
>
> It doesn't seem to have this property. `xinput list-props' appended
> below. I've also atached my xorg.conf and the log, just in case.
>
> There is a `Synaptics Button Scrolling', and I've set it to
> `0, 0', but that didn't change anything.

right, that's because your touchpad is still handled by the synaptics
driver. replace synaptics with evdev for your touchpad and restart HAL + X,
that'll do then. lshal should show input.x11_driver = evdev for your device
before starting X, then you'll see the right properties.
more details are on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Input_device_configuration

Cheers,
  Peter