Xorg massive memory usage

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 12:18:09 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 9:35 AM, Marcus Rademacher <endingpop at gmail.com> wrote:
> It lists x-nautilus-desktop at the top with 2257K, then two more entries
> that are <unknown> with 2250K in use each.

That would seem to make sense since a program just creating
directories/files and deleting them would have no effect on bare X.
Nautilus is either leaking when this happens or maybe keeping a
massive cache since it monitors file usage. I'd bet the leak goes away
if you try running your program without GNOME. E.g., run startx with
just an xterm and launch your program from there.

If the problem is nautilus leaking, you'll have to file a bug in the
gnome or ubuntu trackers.

--
Dan