Headless server

Vinh Nguyen nguye.vin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 23:08:26 PST 2010

Hi,

I have recelent updated to ubuntu 10.04 LTS and now my server will not boot
with out a monitor pluged in. Im still able to ssh into my server but not
vnc into it. Looking at the Xorg.0.log file it says something along the
lines of no monitor detected. If i plug in a monitor it boots up and works
correctly. I have read a few forum saying to add a xorg.conf file but that
has not worked for me. Can you guys tell me how to fix this issue so that it
will boot all the way into ubuntu without a monitor on or attached to the
server

thanks for the great work,

--
Vinh Nguyen