Possibly silly, certainly a little OT Question

Pat Kane pekane52 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 14:38:13 PST 2010

Gene,

What sort of stuff do you need to do via the serial console?
What sort of legacy system are you talking to?

 I took a look a quick look at the minicom source code and
 it looks a bit crufty:
     http://freshmeat.net/projects/minicom/
     http://freshmeat.net/urls/88a87ae332ec17462ac2b3897ad59b5d
but I'd be willing to hack at it over the Xmas break.

Pat
----