video talk about hardware vendors and free software

Hanno Böck hanno at hboeck.de
Fri Dec 10 13:35:22 PST 2010

Hi,

A while ago, I watched a video that was talking about driver development and
hardware vendors by a guy from Intel. I'm pretty sure it was on some xorg-
conference or somethink alike.

It had a title like "how to make hardware vendors happy" or something similar,
but I don't remember exactly. It was about the problems that arise when
hardware vendors want to have free software drivers, one example was the
mentioning of moving features to a wlan card firmware in order to be able to
create a driver that complies with state regulation.

Does anyone remember that video and can give me a link?

--
Hanno Böck		Blog:		http://www.hboeck.de/
GPG: 3DBD3B20		Jabber/Mail:	hanno at hboeck.de

http://schokokeks.org - professional webhosting