GeneralTouch touchscreen evdev problem 0dfc:0001 - question to Javi

Vincent Gerris vgerris at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 03:46:38 PDT 2010

Hi list members,

Apologies to take this approach, but I am kind of desperate.
I read a post on the list here, bij Javi:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/xorg/msg50373.html

I did not see a way to determine the full email address, so I took this
approach.

Javi, can you please reply?
I have similar hardware to yours, but I am unable to get input from the
screen.
It seems to get recognised but I get no input when i touch the screen.

This is my Xorg log:
(II) config/udev: Adding input device Sensing Win7-TwoFinger
(/dev/input/event5)
(**) Sensing Win7-TwoFinger: Applying InputClass "evdev touchscreen
catchall"
(**) Sensing Win7-TwoFinger: always reports core events
(**) Sensing Win7-TwoFinger: Device: "/dev/input/event5"
(II) Sensing Win7-TwoFinger: Found absolute axes
(II) Sensing Win7-TwoFinger: Found x and y absolute axes
(II) Sensing Win7-TwoFinger: Found absolute touchscreen
(II) Sensing Win7-TwoFinger: Configuring as touchscreen
(**) Sensing Win7-TwoFinger: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(**) Sensing Win7-TwoFinger: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia:
10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Sensing
Win7-TwoFinger" (type: TOUCHSCREEN)
(II) Sensing Win7-TwoFinger: initialized for absolute axes.
(II) config/udev: Adding input device Sensing Win7-TwoFinger
(/dev/input/mouse1)
(II) No input driver/identifier specified (ignoring)

Can you please explain which steps you took to get the touchscreen
working?
I use Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, completely standard.
The usbtouchscreen driver is loaded.

I suspect i might have to add a usb quirck which I read here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-evdev/+bug/549447

Also I might have to modify /usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/05-evdev.conf
I just do not know what to put where.
I would be immensly happy if you can help me!

Kind regards,
Vincent