TV Card + X11 = problem!?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Sun Aug 22 16:09:27 PDT 2010

On 08/22/2010 11:45 PM, Loukas Xanthos wrote:
> Hello World and please excuse my terrible English.
>
> As  you can see here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=812960
> Users with a tv card (usb or PCI, with or without an IR receiver) have
> problems with X11. Some times the Shift key 'hangs' "randomly" and
> after a while it gets 'released'.
> Personally I've experienced this problem with Linux Ubuntu Desktop,
> Linux Ubuntu Server, Arch Linux, with different keyboards but only in
> X11 environment (not in any console).
>
> The Xorg log file doesn't contain any errors, neither the kernel ring
> buffer (dmesg).
>
> Does any one know anything about this problem?

That is weird.  I had this problem for a while, and I also have a TV
card (analog).  It never occurred to me that it might have something to
do with the card.  My TV card uses an SAA7130 chip.

But I don't seem to suffer from this problem anymore.  I'd say for a
month or so now.  Might have something to do with switching from kernel
2.6.34 to 2.6.35.