XInput device properties ; keymaps service & console switch

Sebastian Glita glseba at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 07:31:21 PDT 2010

Hi,

When using CTRL+ALT+F1..12 to switch between consoles and Xorg, it happens that:

1.

When I do like this:

    user at localhost ~ $ xinput set-int-prop 'ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse' 'Device
Enabled' 8 0
    user at localhost ~ $ xinput list-props 'ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse'
    Device 'ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse':
            Device Enabled (131):   0

and then switch to console (CTRL+ALT+F1) and then back again, I get this:

    user at localhost ~ $ xinput list-props 'ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse'
    Device 'ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse':
            Device Enabled (131):   1

So the properties' values change betwen console switching.

2.

When I restart keymaps service like this:

    user at localhost ~ $ #eselect rc restart keymaps
    user at localhost ~ $ /etc/init.d/keymaps restart

then whenever I press:

  - F1..12 keys or
  - Alt+F1..12 or
  - the windows key,

whether Control (CTRL) key is pressed or released, it doesn't matter, I get a
console switch each time.

Ok, so I get these versions:

<<<
user at localhost ~ $ Xorg -version

X.Org X Server 1.9.0
Release Date: 2010-08-20
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.35-tuxonice x86_64 Gentoo
Current Operating System: Linux localhost 2.6.35-tuxonice #1 SMP Fri Aug 20
21:38:27 EEST 2010 x86_64
Kernel command line: auto BOOT_IMAGE=Gentoo2.6 ro root=801 root=/dev/sda1
real_resume=/dev/sda2 resume=swap:/dev/sda2 usbcore.autosuspend=1
intel_iommu=off fb=no quiet CONSOLE=/dev/tty init_opts=3 fbcon=scrollback:256k
splash=verbose,theme:tuxonice
Build Date: 21 August 2010  06:33:53AM

Current version of pixman: 0.19.3
        Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org