Transition from HAL to udev - mouse config

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Thu Aug 19 15:49:31 PDT 2010

On 05/17/2010 11:05 PM, Simon Thum wrote:
> Am 14.05.2010 19:37, schrieb Dan Nicholson:
>> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Nikos Chantziaras<realnc at arcor.de>  wrote:
>>> <merge key="input.x11_options.FilterHalflife" type="string">5</merge>
>>> <merge key="input.x11_options.FilterChainProgression"
>>>        type="string">2</merge>
>>> <merge key="input.x11_options.VelocityCoupling"
>>>        type="string">0.15</merge>
>>> <merge key="input.x11_options.FilterChainLength" type="string">8</merge>
>>> <merge key="input.x11_options.Softening" type="string">true</merge>
>>> ----
>>>
>>> With X.Org server 1.8 and HAL disabled, how to I configure the above?
> In case you're referring to the exact settings, this is not possible.
> The filter chain approach was replaced in 1.8, but of course it doesn't
> hurt to keep the option values around. The coarser settings are
> unchanged however.
>
> Should your device really need such detailed tweaks, I'd like to hear
> about it. The new algorithm sohuld work reliably against a greater range
> of devices. It can be tweaked as well, the wiki page was updated
> accordingly.

I've misplaced the link to the wiki entry, and I can't find the URL
again :-/

I went to the wiki at http://www.x.org/wiki, and no matter what I search
for (mouse tweaks, mouse, mouse settings, etc) it doesn't find anything.

In the sense of teaching me to fish instead of just giving me one, how
would one find the wiki entry for mouse tweaking in the first place?
Last time I visited it (and bookmarked it) was because you gave me the
URL in an email to me.