bluetooth-keyboard not working after standby

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Aug 15 16:31:17 PDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 11:20:42PM +0200, Ralf Dreibrodt wrote:
> I have two X-server (with one xorg.conf) and one has a bluetooth-keyboard.
>
> Everything is working, but after 20 minutes the keyboard enters a
> standby-mode and after that it is not working anymore, in X.
>
> It is still working in the console (after pressing Ctrl+Alt+F1 on
> the USB-keyboard).
>
> When I restart X, it is working again.
>
> I have the same problem with my usb mouse. When I unplug it and plug
> it again, it is not working, until I restart X.
>
> How can I solve the problem?
>
> The parts from my xorg.conf:
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
>         Identifier      "seat1"
>         Screen          "seat1" 0                               0
>         InputDevice     "mouse1"        "CorePointer"
>         InputDevice     "keyboard1"     "CoreKeyboard"
>         Option          "AutoAddDevices" "False"
>         Option          "AllowEmptyInput" "False"
> EndSection
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "keyboard1"
>         Driver          "evdev"
>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/event6"
>         Option          "XkbLayout"             "de"
> EndSection
>
> (When I remove the AutoAddDevices and AllowEmptyInput then the "up"
> (arrow) key is not working anymore. It is always making
> screenshots.)

devices configured in the xorg.conf are not hotplug-capable. so I guess what
happens is that once the device goes into standby, it's virtually unplugged.
since you've disabled hotplugging, the device isn't added again when it
comes back.

the up/printscreen issue is a mismatch in the evdev and xfree86 scancodes.
that should have been solved in the last couple of releases though. what X,
evdev and xkeyboard-config version are you running?

Cheers,
  Peter