How to revert back glx version from 1.4 to 1.2

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Wed Aug 11 00:10:23 PDT 2010

Yeah, my first reaction is that you're probably falling into the pit of misunderstanding surrounding memory usage.

Run top and sort by VIRT (hit "x" to turn on highlighting the sort field, then hit ">" or "<" to move the sort field... you may need to hit "b" to see the highlighting).

If you don't see anything terribly large there, then you're probably not hitting a memory leak and you just misunderstand the way memory is managed (don't worry, many people fall into this trap).