Fatal IO Error 11

Huaxin Xu hxu at the3rdeye.com.au
Tue Aug 10 19:25:29 PDT 2010

Hi all,

When I run a gtk application I wrote myself, for approximately 1 in 10
times I could not get X window started. At other times the X window
starts and the program runs properly.

When this happens, I would get an error message on the virtual console
(stderr):

xxx(the application's name): Fatal IO Error 11 (Resource temporarily
unavailable) on X server :0.0.

Nothing seems relevant in /var/log/Xorg.0.log, nor could I find much
information about this particular error on the Web. Can someone provide
me with more information, e.g. what usually would be the causes? What
steps should I take in identifying the cause, including how I can dig